2020 has been a life-changing year that has brought about a new awareness for health. People around the world have been forced to take special care of their bodies and pay more attention to personal hygiene. The importance of the immune system has been placed under the spotlight this year and we know how vital it is to keep our immune systems in fighting condition.
The immune system is the body’s first line of defence against viruses, flu and bacteria. It needs to be looked after and even boosted at certain times of the year. Winter usually brings about common colds and outbreaks of influenza. A healthy immune system helps to minimise the risk of infection, the severity of the symptoms and speed up the recovery process.
Source of Health has created a powerful tonic called Elixir of Life, or Izifozonke. This traditional African remedy helps to support the immune system and protect the body from a range of ailments. Elixir of Life can help with colds, flu, fever, inflammation, flatulence, stress, anxiety, diabetes and more. It is a great way to boost the immune system as a precautionary supplement or as a natural remedy against various ailments.
Ingredients in Elixir of Life
Elixir of Life is a tonic that is created from several indigenous ingredients with healthy properties. Each of these natural ingredients has a positive function on the body and can be used to treat specific symptoms. The combination of these plants results in a strong concoction that can be used to boost the immune system and support general well-being.
- African wild potato (Hypoxis hemerocallidea) – a native potato to South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland and Botswana. It is a popular herbal supplement that is full of antioxidants and is known to boost the immune system.
- African wormwood (Artemisia afra) – a well-known plant that is used for lung functioning and respiratory protection. This plant is an effective remedy for colds, flu, coughs, fever and numerous other ailments that affect the nose, throat and lungs.
- Ipomoea pellita, commonly known as ubhoqo – this plant is found in the Eastern Cape, Free State, KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga. It is commonly used as an anti-inflammatory for treating diabetes, rheumatism, constipation and kidney ailments.
- Small knobwood (Zanthoxylum capense) – an indigenous tree that grows across most of South Africa. The leaves produce a strong citrus smell when crushed and the tree produces an oil-rich seed contained within its fruit. It is used to treat flatulence, stomach ache, fever and even epilepsy.
- Cancer bush (Sutherlandia frutescens) – this indigenous bush is commonly found in the Western Cape and Northern Cape, along the coastline. It is a remedy for gastric ailments, aches, fevers and even for the treatment of cancer. It can also be used as an antiseptic wash and a lotion for eye infections.
Elixir of Life also contains vegetable glycerine and purified water. The best way to take the tonic is to dilute one teaspoon in 40ml of water (one-quarter cup). Drink this twice a day to boost the immune system and improve general well-being.
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. These plants have been used in various cultures for many years, by traditional healers, to treat certain ailments. Our 100% natural products contain herbal concentrates and last up to 20 days for R185, making them a cost-effective option in the traditional African medicine industry.
To learn more about African medicines and traditional plant-based remedies, please do not hesitate to contact us. Source of Health is a manufacturer of Traditional African Medicines under the brand Isiphethu Sempilo. We use biomedicine processes to create herbal remedies, combined with scientific methods to ensure the finest quality and trustworthy herbal extracts.
Source of Health offers a range of herbal products that are effective as natural remedies for pain, depression, illnesses and more. The use of medicinal plants as part of traditional African healthcare is one of the oldest and most assorted of all therapeutic systems. It has been used through the ages to maintain health, as well as to prevent, diagnose, improve or treat physical and mental illnesses.
To stay up-to-date with the latest news and Isiphethu Sempilo product launches, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Take a look at our blog for more informative articles on traditional medicines and healing plants in Africa.