Many plants have medicinal properties and have been used for thousands of years to treat symptoms of various illnesses. Traditional African Medicine revolves around the use of plants to promote health and improve the quality of life. Many of these plants are the reason modern pharmaceutical medicines exist. They have various positive effects on the mind and body, such as the ability to reduce inflammation, swelling and recovery time.
Source of Health has formulated a 100% natural medicine, called Anti-Inflammation, that combines five herbal ingredients into an effective traditional remedy. This product is believed to reduce the symptoms of inflammation, such as heat, redness and swelling. It also minimises pain from arthritis, fatigue, chest ailments, back problems, sore joints and strained muscles. Generally, Anti-Inflammation can improve recovery time and enhance the quality of life. We recommend taking one teaspoon of Anti-Inflammation in a quarter glass of water, twice per day.
Ingredients in Anti-Inflammation
This traditional medicine is formulated from five herbal ingredients that have unique medicinal properties. Each of these natural ingredients is beneficial for swelling and pain throughout the body. It makes the recovery phase less painful and can improve your quality of life during this stage. The combination of these plants results in a traditional African remedy that reduces inflammation and relieves pain:
- African ginger (or wild ginger) is a highly sought-after plant for many traditional remedies. Our African ginger is sustainably obtained from agricultural projects as it is almost totally depleted in the wild. It is used to treat a variety of ailments and to boost the immune system.
- Black pepper is a household spice that has numerous health benefits. It is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. It can also help to lower cholesterol levels which improves blood circulation. It is combined with turmeric, together they have a synergistic effect and increase absorption of beneficial compounds.
- Devil’s claw gets its name from its fruit, which has several hook-like claws projecting outward. It is used in traditional medicine to treat fever, pain, arthritis and indigestion.
- Ginger is well-known for its medicinal properties, not just in Africa but around the world too. It is used widely to treat colds, flu, nausea and to fight infections.
- Turmeric is a common household spice that comes from a root, similar to ginger. It has been used around the world for thousands of years as a medicinal herb. It is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant remedy used to treat aches and pains.
Black pepper and turmeric are perfect partners in remedies, such as this. Black pepper helps the body to absorb more curcumin – the active ingredient in turmeric that helps to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress. A study published in Planta Medica found that pairing just 20 milligrams of piperine (found in black pepper) with two grams of curcumin increased the amount of curcumin that could be absorbed by the body by 2000 percent.
Anti-Inflammation also contains vegetable glycerine and purified water to give it a sweet, honey-like flavour. The vegetable glycerine is safe for diabetics and has a low effect on blood sugar levels. All of our products are alcohol, preservative, herbicide and pesticide-free.
Our 100% natural products contain herbal concentrates and last up to 20 days for R185, making them a cost-effective option in the traditional African medicine industry.
To learn more about African medicines and traditional plant-based remedies, please do not hesitate to contact us. Source of Health is a manufacturer of Traditional African Medicines under the brand Isiphethu Sempilo. We use biomedicine processes to create herbal remedies, combined with scientific methods to ensure the finest quality and trustworthy herbal extracts.
Source of Health offers a range of herbal products that are effective as natural remedies for pain, depression, illnesses and more. The use of medicinal plants as part of traditional African healthcare is one of the oldest and most assorted of all therapeutic systems. It has been used through the ages to maintain health, as well as to prevent, diagnose, improve or treat physical and mental illnesses.
To stay up-to-date with the latest news and Isiphethu Sempilo product launches, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Take a look at our blog for more informative articles on traditional medicines and healing plants in Africa.
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. These plants have been used in various cultures for many years, by traditional healers, to treat certain ailments.