Lung health starts with clear and easy breathing. This year has shown South Africans the importance of having healthy lungs – the Coronavirus pandemic has shed light on the power of a contagious illness. It is vital to look after your lungs because oxygen is life, so this product will help to promote clear breathing and proper lung functioning.
Seasonal illnesses such as common colds, flu and hay fever usually affect the lungs. These organs are also susceptible to asthma, infections and congestion, which lead to breathing problems and coughs. Our Clear Lungs remedy has been carefully created to treat these symptoms using only natural ingredients. This traditional African remedy helps to support the lungs, airway and nasal passage.
Clear Lungs can be used to treat coughs, colds, flu, colic, phlegm, infections, congestion and fevers. We suggest using only one teaspoon, twice a day, in a quarter glass of water. It can be taken 3 times per day, in more serious cases. If after 2 weeks, your symptoms have not cleared or eased, it is advisable to seek further medical advice from a physician.
Ingredients in Clear Lungs
Clear Lungs is created from several indigenous ingredients with healing properties. Each of these natural ingredients has a positive function on the lungs and can be used to treat specific breathing-related symptoms. The combination of these plants results in a strong remedy that can be used to support breathing and the chest.
- African ginger (or wild ginger) is a highly sought-after plant for many traditional remedies. Our African ginger is sustainably obtained from agricultural projects as it is almost extinct in the wild. It is used to treat asthma, colds, coughs and flu.
- Alepidea (or kalmoes) is a large shrub that is used to treat chest ailments and asthma. This plant has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, antimalarial and diuretic properties.
- African wormwood (Artemisia afra) – a well-known plant that is used for lung functioning and respiratory protection. This plant is an effective remedy for colds, flu, coughs, fever and numerous other ailments that affect the nose, throat and lungs.
- Geranium is a common household flower that has long been used in South African traditional medicine. The root of the plant is used in cough and cold remedies to treat symptoms and boost recovery time.
- Pepper-bark tree is another sustainably-sourced ingredient in the Clear Lungs remedy. It is often used to treat common colds, clear the sinuses, improve lung health and cure ulcers in the mouth.
Clear Lungs also contains vegetable glycerine and purified water to give it a sweet, honey-like flavour. Our 100% natural products contain herbal concentrates and last up to 20 days for R185, making them a cost-effective option in the traditional African medicine industry.
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. These plants have been used in various cultures for many years, by traditional healers, to treat certain ailments.
To learn more about African medicines and traditional plant-based remedies, please do not hesitate to contact us. Source of Health is a manufacturer of Traditional African Medicines under the brand Isiphethu Sempilo. We use biomedicine processes to create herbal remedies, combined with scientific methods to ensure the finest quality and trustworthy herbal extracts.
Source of Health offers a range of herbal products that are effective as natural remedies for pain, depression, illnesses and more. The use of medicinal plants as part of traditional African healthcare is one of the oldest and most assorted of all therapeutic systems. It has been used through the ages to maintain health, as well as to prevent, diagnose, improve or treat physical and mental illnesses.
To stay up-to-date with the latest news and Isiphethu Sempilo product launches, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Take a look at our blog for more informative articles on traditional medicines and healing plants in Africa.