Diet plays a major role in our health and well-being. It has a direct impact on our weight and how our body responds to other illnesses and ailments. A healthy gut is vital for maintaining weight and keeping the body in prime condition. The stomach, small intestine, large intestine and colon all play a role in gut health.
These organs are responsible for digestion – the absorption of vitamins, minerals and fibres that are key to a healthy life. The functioning of the stomach, intestines and colon plays an important role in our physical condition and ability to battle other illnesses. Source of Health offers a natural remedy, called Healthy Digestion, that is designed to promote gut health and bowel movement.
This traditional African remedy also helps to combat heartburn, inhibit fungal growth and calm inflammation of the gut. It will benefit the metabolism and leave you feeling healthier, happier and more energetic. We recommend taking one teaspoon of Healthy Digestion, twice per day, in a quarter glass of water. The medicine can be taken as a daily supplement with no side effects.
Ingredients in Healthy Digestion
Healthy Digestion is created from several indigenous plants and herbs with healing properties. Each of these natural ingredients has a positive function on the stomach, intestines and bowel. The remedy can be used to treat specific gut-related symptoms or as a supplement. The combination of these plants results in a strong African remedy that can be used to support gut functioning:
- African ginger (or wild ginger) is a highly sought-after plant for many traditional remedies. Our African ginger is sustainably obtained from agricultural projects as it is almost totally depleted in the wild. It is used to treat asthma, colds, coughs and flu.
- Aloe is a famous South African plant, renowned for its healing properties. The hard, black, resinous extract from the plant is used mainly for its laxative properties.
- Ginger is well-known for its medicinal properties, not just in Africa but around the world too. It is used widely to treat colds, flu, nausea and to fight infections.
- Fennel seeds provide the body with valuable nutrients and minerals, such as zinc and calcium. These minerals help to balance the body’s hormones and oxygen levels.
- Wild verbena is used in traditional African medicine to treat a number of ailments, such as heartburn, swellings and fever.
Healthy Digestion also contains vegetable glycerine and purified water to give it a sweet, honey-like flavour. Our 100% natural products contain herbal concentrates and last up to 20 days for R185, making them a cost-effective option in the traditional African medicine industry.
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. These plants have been used in various cultures for many years, by traditional healers, to treat certain ailments.
To learn more about African medicines and traditional plant-based remedies, please do not hesitate to contact us. Source of Health is a manufacturer of Traditional African Medicines under the brand Isiphethu Sempilo. We use biomedicine processes to create herbal remedies, combined with scientific methods to ensure the finest quality and trustworthy herbal extracts.
Source of Health offers a range of herbal products that are effective as natural remedies for pain, depression, illnesses and more. The use of medicinal plants as part of traditional African healthcare is one of the oldest and most assorted of all therapeutic systems. It has been used through the ages to maintain health, as well as to prevent, diagnose, improve or treat physical and mental illnesses.
To stay up-to-date with the latest news and Isiphethu Sempilo product launches, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Take a look at our blog for more informative articles on traditional medicines and healing plants in Africa.