Herbal remedies have led to the development of some popular pharmaceutical drugs. These medicinal plants have been used in African traditional healing for thousands of years to treat various illnesses and ailments. Plants can help to improve mobility and movement, as well as minimise the symptoms of gout, arthritis and other joint-related problems.
Source of Health has carefully formulated a natural medicine, called Healthy Joints, that combines five herbal ingredients into one powerful traditional remedy. This product is full of anti-inflammatory compounds that help to improve bodily movement, recovery and mobility. We recommend taking one teaspoon of our Healthy Joints herbal remedy in a quarter glass of water, twice a day, for maximum effect.
Ingredients in Healthy Joints
Healthy Joints is formulated from five herbal ingredients that have medicinal properties. Each of these natural ingredients has a positive function on the body, the muscles and joints. It can be used to reduce pain, stiffness, boost healing and improve physical functioning. The combination of these plants results in a traditional African remedy that promotes mobility and movement:
- Black pepper is a household spice that has numerous health benefits. It is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. It can also help to lower cholesterol levels which improves blood circulation. It is combined with turmeric, together they have a synergistic effect and increase the absorption of beneficial compounds.
- Devil’s claw gets its name from its fruit, which has several hook-like claws projecting outward. It is used in traditional medicine to treat fever, pain, arthritis and indigestion.
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) is a supplement that can be used to decrease joint pain and speed up recovery after exercise. It has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce pain and stiffness of the joints and muscles.
- Pineapple flower is not actually from a pineapple plant – it is a unique species called Eucomis autumnalis, but the flowers resemble yellow pineapples. This plant has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties and is often used to treat back pain and improve post-workout recovery.
- Turmeric is a common household spice that comes from a root, similar to ginger. It has been used around the world for thousands of years as a medicinal herb. It is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant remedy used to treat aches and pains.
Black pepper and turmeric are perfect partners as black pepper helps the body to absorb more curcumin – the active ingredient in turmeric that helps to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress. A study published in Planta Medica found that pairing 20 milligrams of piperine (found in black pepper) with two grams of curcumin increased the amount of curcumin that could be absorbed by the body by 2000 percent.
Healthy Joints also contains vegetable glycerine and purified water to give it a sweet, honey-like flavour. The vegetable glycerine is safe for diabetics and has a low effect on blood sugar levels. All of our products are alcohol, preservative, herbicide and pesticide-free.
Our 100% natural products contain herbal concentrates and last up to 20 days for R185, making them a cost-effective option in the traditional African medicine industry.
To learn more about African medicines and traditional plant-based remedies, please do not hesitate to contact us. Source of Health is a manufacturer of Traditional African Medicines under the brand Isiphethu Sempilo. We use biomedicine processes to create herbal remedies, combined with scientific methods to ensure the finest quality and trustworthy herbal extracts.
Source of Health offers a range of herbal products that are effective as natural remedies for pain, depression, illnesses and more. The use of medicinal plants as part of traditional African healthcare is one of the oldest and most assorted of all therapeutic systems. It has been used through the ages to maintain health, as well as to prevent, diagnose, improve or treat physical and mental illnesses.
To stay up-to-date with the latest news and Isiphethu Sempilo product launches, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Take a look at our blog for more informative articles on traditional medicines and healing plants in Africa.
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. These plants have been used in various cultures for many years, by traditional healers, to treat certain ailments.