Medicinal plants have been used in traditional African remedies for thousands of years. These herbal treatments were the precursor to modern pharmaceutical medicines and have been effective in their various purposes. Plants can be used to treat the symptoms of illnesses, as well as cure other ailments before they become bigger problems. Some herbal remedies have been proven to boost the immune system and improve overall health.
Source of Health has carefully formulated a natural medicine, called Immunity, that combines five plants into one traditional remedy. This product is believed to boost the immune system, combat diseases and inhibit viral, fungal and bacterial microbes in the body. Immunity can also be used to calm inflammation and relieve pain. We recommend taking it daily or when feeling stressed and sick. Take one teaspoon of Immunity in a quarter glass of water.
Ingredients in Immunity
Immunity is formulated from five herbal ingredients that have medicinal properties. Each of these natural ingredients has a positive effect on the body, the immune system and the organs. It can be used to promote wellness and minimise the chances of contracting other illnesses, as well as to minimise recovery time. The combination of these plants result in a traditional African remedy that improves the immune system and overall health:
- African ginger (or wild ginger) is a highly sought-after plant for many traditional remedies. Our African ginger is sustainably obtained from agricultural projects as it is almost totally depleted in the wild. It is used to treat a variety of ailments and to boost the immune system.
- African potato is native to South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland and Botswana. It is a popular herbal remedy that is full of antioxidants and is known to boost the immune system.
- Honeybush is commonly consumed as a tea. It grows naturally in the lowland areas of the Western Cape, but we source our honeybush from sustainable suppliers. This plant is rich in antioxidants and minerals, giving it a wide range of health benefits.
- Propolis extract is a wax-like substance, sustainably sourced from bee hives. It is a substance produced by bees that is commonly used to provide protection from viruses, bacteria and fungi. Propolis is also an excellent wound healer.
- Wild dagga (also called lion’s ear or lion’s tail) is actually part of the mint family of plants. It is native to South Africa and is known for its medicinal properties; it has strong antioxidant and heart-protecting properties. Wild dagga has no hallucinogenic effects on the mind, so the name can be misleading.
Immunity also contains vegetable glycerine and purified water to give it a sweet, honey-like flavour. The vegetable glycerine is safe for diabetics and has a low effect on blood sugar levels. All of our products are alcohol, preservative, herbicide and pesticide-free.
Our 100% natural products contain herbal concentrates and last up to 20 days for R185, making them a cost-effective option in the traditional African medicine industry.
To learn more about African medicines and traditional plant-based remedies, please do not hesitate to contact us. Source of Health is a manufacturer of Traditional African Medicines under the brand Isiphethu Sempilo. We use biomedicine processes to create herbal remedies, combined with scientific methods to ensure the finest quality and trustworthy herbal extracts.
Source of Health offers a range of herbal products that are effective as natural remedies for pain, depression, illnesses and more. The use of medicinal plants as part of traditional African healthcare is one of the oldest and most assorted of all therapeutic systems. It has been used through the ages to maintain health, as well as to prevent, diagnose, improve or treat physical and mental illnesses.
To stay up-to-date with the latest news and Isiphethu Sempilo product launches, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Take a look at our blog for more informative articles on traditional medicines and healing plants in Africa.
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by SAHPRA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. These plants have been used in various cultures for many years, by traditional healers, to treat certain ailments.