Good lung health and a strong immune system is absolutely necessary, especially amid a global pandemic. The body’s first line of defence against viruses, infections and bacteria is the immune system. It needs to be looked after, so taking herbal remedies to boost immunity is always a good idea. Similarly, the lungs need to be functioning optimally during flu season, so taking natural medicine to improve lung health is advised.
Source of Health has several products on offer, under the Isiphethu Sempilo brand, that can be used for both of these purposes. South Africans need to prepare their bodies, not only during the COVID-19 pandemic, but year-round as well. Boosting the immune system and maintaining lung health will help people ward off seasonal flus, common colds and illnesses such as tuberculosis and pneumonia.
Source of Health products for lung health
We suggest trying our Clear Lungs remedy for a healthy chest. This natural medicine contains extracts of African ginger, African wormwood, Pepper-bark tree and Tinsel flower. All of these plants are traditional remedies for asthma, colds, coughs, flu and fevers. This product can help to treat heavy coughs and support clear breathing.
Another suggested product for lung health is our Anti-inflammation remedy. This herbal medicine contains African ginger, Devil’s claw, ginger and turmeric. These four plants have strong anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce chest pain and muscle aches. These symptoms are commonly associated with fevers and viral infections.
- African ginger (or wild ginger) is a highly sought-after plant for many African remedies. Our African ginger is obtained from sustainable agricultural projects as it is almost totally depleted in the wild. It is used to treat asthma, colds, coughs and flu.
- African wormwood (or Artemisia) is a sweet-smelling shrub that has long been used as a herbal remedy for lung health.
- Devil’s claw gets its name from its fruit, which has several hook-like claws projecting outward. It is used in traditional medicine to treat fever, pain, arthritis and indigestion.
- Ginger is well-known for its medicinal properties, not just in Africa but around the world too. It is used widely to treat colds, flu, nausea and to fight infections.
- Pepper-bark tree is another sustainably-sourced ingredient in the Clear Lungs remedy. It is often used to treat common colds, clear the sinuses, improve lung health and cure ulcers in the mouth.
- Alepidea (or kalmoes) is a large shrub that is used to treat chest ailments and asthma.
- Turmeric is a common household spice that comes from a root, similar to ginger. It has been used around the world for thousands of years as a medicinal herb. It is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant remedy used to treat aches and pains.
Source of Health products for the immune system
The first product we’d suggest is our Elixir of Life tonic. This remedy helps to support the immune system and protect the body from a range of ailments. Elixir of Life can help with colds, flu, fever, inflammation, flatulence, stress, anxiety, diabetes and more. It is also a great way to boost the immune system as a precautionary supplement. It contains African potato, African wormwood, Ipomoea pellita, Small knobwood and Cancer bush.
Another product that can help the immune system is Immunity. This traditional remedy can boost the immune system in preparation for illnesses and diseases. It can inhibit viral, fungal and bacterial microbes from spreading throughout the body. Immunity should be taken daily or at the onset of illness. It contains African potato, African ginger and propolis extract from bee hives.
- African potato is a native potato to South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland and Botswana. It is a popular herbal supplement that is full of antioxidants and is known to boost the immune system.
- Cancer bush is an indigenous bush commonly found in the Western Cape and Northern Cape, along the coastline. It is a remedy for gastric ailments, aches, fevers and even for the treatment of cancer. It can also be used as an antiseptic wash and a lotion for eye infections.
- Ipomoea pellita (commonly known as ubhoqo) is a plant found in the Eastern Cape, Free State, KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga. It is commonly used as an anti-inflammatory for treating diabetes, rheumatism, constipation and kidney ailments.
- Propolis extract is a wax-like substance sourced from sustainable bee hives. It is an anti-inflammatory substance produced by bees that is commonly used to provide protection from viruses, bacteria and fungi. Propolis is also an excellent wound healer.
- Small knobwood is an indigenous tree that grows across most of South Africa. The leaves produce a strong citrus smell when crushed and the tree produces an oil-rich seed contained within its fruit. It is used to treat flatulence, stomach ache, fever and even epilepsy.
Take early precautions and prepare your body for seasonal flus and viral outbreaks by taking these Source of Health products. The herbs, plants and trees used in these remedies have been used for thousands of years in Africa to treat various ailments. A healthy immune system and strong lungs can prevent colds, coughs, fevers and many other illnesses.
Disclaimer: These medicines have not been evaluated by SAHPRA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. These plants have been used in various cultures for many years, by traditional healers, to treat certain ailments. Our 100% natural products contain herbal concentrates and last up to 20 days for R185, making them a cost-effective option in the traditional African medicine industry.
To learn more about African medicines and traditional plant-based remedies, please do not hesitate to contact us. Source of Health is a manufacturer of Traditional African Medicines under the brand Isiphethu Sempilo. We use biomedicine processes to create herbal remedies, combined with scientific methods to ensure the finest quality and trustworthy herbal extracts.
Source of Health offers a range of herbal products that are effective as natural remedies for pain, depression, illnesses and more. The use of medicinal plants as part of traditional African healthcare is one of the oldest and most assorted of all therapeutic systems. It has been used through the ages to maintain health, as well as to prevent, diagnose, improve or treat physical and mental illnesses.
To stay up-to-date with the latest news and Isiphethu Sempilo product launches, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Take a look at our blog for more informative articles on traditional medicines and healing plants in Africa.